Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course Available OnlineLeave the first response December 16, 2015 / Posted in Mindful Running & MIndful Walking
For those of you interested in a training program in Mindfulness, Sounds True online course in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction(MBSR) takes you through an 8 week program taught by the Center for Mindfulness director Dr. Saki Santorelli and senior instructor Florence Meleo-Meyer.
I had the pleasure of going through the MBSR at Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine several years ago with Karen Sothers. What a great opportunity Sounds True offers. Going through the program with Saki and Florence gives you two teachers who are truly the teachers of teachers having instructed so many MBSR trainers over the years.
MBSR Online Course (Then scroll down to The MBSR Online Course)
A Life-Affirming Course in Conscious Living
The course schedule consists of eight weekly classes and one day-long class. This highly participatory, practical course presented by Dr. Saki Santorelli and senior instructor Florence Meleo-Meyer includes:
- More than 16 hours of video instruction on mindfulness meditation, stretching, mindful yoga, and guidance for enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Four hours of guided mindfulness practice on audio
- Elements from the in-person MBSR course workbook available in PDF format
- Online journal to record and reflect about your experiences
- Completion graph to track your progress through the course
- Two annual live sessions—A Day in Mindfulness
- Continuing practice emails—once a week for four weeks after you complete the course
All participants will also receive two free gifts:
- Discount of $50 off a purchase of $95 or more of selected mindfulness-based learning resources from Sounds True
- Free audio practice on kindness, presented by Florence Meleo-Meyer
All materials in this course will be yours to keep—you can return to any previous session at any time to refresh your experience.
A Training with Benefits that Last a Lifetime
Since its inception, tens of thousands of people have completed the eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program and learned how to use their innate resources and abilities to respond more effectively to stress, pain, and illness. The MBSR Online Course brings you the complete intensive training in mindfulness meditation and its integration into the challenges and adventures of everyday life.